New Standard and TOUR models for 2015!The goal of the Putting Sword is to bring focus to rolling your putts on the correct starting line. This is the result of the putter face being perfectly square to the target line when it impacts the ball.
Now the Sword is available in a Standard (1.68" width) and a TOUR version (1.25" width). Given the margins for error, the TOUR version is twice as difficult as the standard.
More about the Putting Sword
The width of the Sword is calibrated with a margin of error so it mimics making putts of longer lengths.
- Find a straight putt and set the end of the Sword 12 inches from the cup (or wall if used indoors).
- Set a ball on the "3 foot" line (it is 12" from the end of the Sword). Hit putts and roll them off the end of the Sword. This is the equivalent of sinking a 3 foot putt. When you can successfully roll 5 consecutive putts, move back to the "6 foot" line and repeat. Repeat from the end of the Sword and you are a Master.
- Hit a single ball from each of the distances marked on the Sword
Tour Average Drill
- Tour players make 75% of 5’ putts, and 50% of 8’ putts.
- Use the marks on the Sword to see if you can putt at Tour skill level.
Create the Ultimate Putting Station
- Add the Putting Alignment Mirror to create a simple and effective practice station.
- Slide the mirror on the "handle" of the Sword.
- Check your eye alignment, putter face and restrict your stroke length.
- You can also create a putter gate with tees in the slots of the mirror.
- The result? Drills that address alignment, impact position, stroke length and path. Wow!